- Why should we, as a supplier, participate in the Ariba Network (AN)?
There are a variety of benefits:
- Turn paper in to efficient electronic transactions
- Catch errors and correct them – before they ever go to the customer
- Track invoice and payment status online in real time and accelerate receivables
- Collaborate immediately with your trading partners
- See opportunities you’re missing and have the ability to trade globally via Ariba Discovery
- Is there a fee for the suppliers to participate on the Ariba Network (AN)?
No!Typically, there is a fee based on the amount of transactions you exchange with customers on the AN, however, Linde has made substantial investment to limit impact to suppliers and will be covering these fees.
- Is the Ariba invoice legally binding?
Yes, the digitally signed invoice in Ariba is legal binding and the tax relevant document.
- The supplier uses Ariba already. Do they need a new account?
You have the choice to use the same account and simply connect with Linde or create a new account – based on your business needs. The Ariba Team can support you here.
- What way do I as a supplier have to connect to the Ariba Network?
You can either integrate your system into Ariba or use the web portal – for more information contact SAP Ariba.
- What resources and inputs are required from the supplier to onboard to Ariba Network ?
- Web Portal: You only need to register in the Ariba network.
- Integration: An Integration can be done with a manageable effort on your side. You will need some resources for the preparation of your ERP system (building the connection and testing)
- Is there any change regarding the current process, like partial/quarterly invoicing, sending attachments or the punch out catalogue etc.?
No. Partial delivery/invoicing as well as sending attachments is also possible with Ariba. We will also continue to use the punch out catalogues as is (if provided by you). The Ariba network is only transferring the documents between Linde and the supplier.
- Is it possible to add extra charges/costs on an invoice?
- Yes. When posting an invoice, extra charges can be added. Please refer to the training videos for instructions.
- Why is Linde moving to the Ariba Network?
Currently the buying and invoicing process is highly manual. We believe that launching a more automated approach will provide greater stakeholder management and efficiencies throughout the Purchase-to-Pay processes for us as Linde but also for you as a supplier.
- Is it a must for the supplier to participate in the Ariba Network?
Yes. The Ariba Network is our future strategy to digitize the Purchase-to-Pay process.
- When will the new system be used at Linde?
Linde has started using the solution in 2017 and is rolling it out in further countries. If you have not been approached yet, feel free to get in contact with us.
- Where is the Ariba Network already in use?
Currently the Ariba Network is used in:
- United Kingdom
- Is it possible to store master data in Ariba e.g. VAT number?
Yes, you can maintain some master data in your profile which will then default to e.g. the invoices.